THAILAND – Phuket – Peranakan Food Tour in Phuket Town
An exploration of Phuket Town with an experienced food guide who introduces the vibrant, multi-cultural food scene that the town is famous for. A great way to soak in the heritage buildings and cozy atmosphere while tasting local delicacies along the way.
Classic, Gastronomy, Honeymoon
Country - City
Thailand - Phuket
Possible all year round (but best period is from November until April)
Phuket Town is famous for its vibrant food scene – it is even classified as a UNESCO City of Gastronomy! During this culinary exploration through the charming old town of Phuket with its heritage buildings, an experienced guide will introduce some of the most sought-after local delicacies. A great choice for anyone who wants an authentic foodie experience during their stay in Phuket.
- An authentic experience for foodies
- A great way to bring variation to a beach stay in Phuket
- Visit is in Phuket Town, which is not affected yet by mass-tourism
- The focus is on food, but Phuket Town also has a lot of cultural heritage and it is especially beautiful at night
Time And Transportation
|Patong||Phuket Town||15 kilometers||Car||30 minutes|
|Mai Khao||Phuket Town||35 kilometers||Car||50 minutes|
|Rawai||Phuket Town||15 kilometers||Car||30 minutes|
|Kata||Phuket Town||15 kilometers||Car||30 minutes|
Approximately 6 hours (from 15:00 until 21:00)
How to sell it
- As an authentic experience for anyone who likes to explore the local cuisine
- As a nice way to create variety during a beach stay in Phuket
- An opportunity to explore the beautiful heritage of Phuket Town in an interactive way
Why this activity
- The offer more options to add activities to a beach stay in Phuket
- To have an authentic food experience in the South
- To highlight lesser known parts of Phuket
Good to combine with
Due to the operating times and to avoid extremely packed days during a beach stay, it is best to not combine this activity with any other activities.
Do not combine with
BEST FOR FIT
The activity is by a supplier, so other DMCs can offer the same activity
- An interactive, authentic food experience
- We can use it to highlight our creativity and make beach stay in Phuket more interesting
- Well-established supplier with good guides
- No Easia Signature activity
- Can only be confirmed with English Speaking guide
- Limited flexibility in terms of menu, not suitable for vegetarian/vegan
- Highlights of the program (from suppliers website, but subject to change)
- Explore the late night dining scene of Phuket Old Town, which has been kept as secrets to most of the travelers
- Enjoy Southern Thai specialities such as Crab and Betel Left Curry, Cumin Fried Fish, in Phuket Old Town’s most famous restaurant.
- Taste the city’s best Hokkien Mee noodle at a Mom & Pop specialty restaurant , prepared on a charcoal stove, a really traditional way that nobody does anymore.
- Savor delicious fusioned Muslim dishes such as Shrimp Masman Curry, and Chicken Satay in an ancient Baba-style house-turn-into-restaurant.
- Experience the romantic and nostalgic atmosphere of Phuket Old Town at night, beautifully illuminated against the night sky.
- Stroll Phuket’s trendy night market, famous for hand-made souvenirs and arty handicrafts. A great people watching spot!
- There are multiple food stops with multiple dishes to try. Together it can be considered a big dinner.
- Kids are welcome, 5 years and younger FOC, 6-12 years old 50% discount
- The tour takes place rain or shine
- The dishes is not flexible, the tour is not suitable for vegetarians / vegans
- The tour is private only
- the tour takes about 6 hours, depending on the hotel guests stay
- Transportation by air-con minivan is included
- Best period is November until April, but possible all year round
Starts ar 1920THB
Activity –> Navatas – Phuket Food Tour –> (Private) Phuket Night Food Tour & Old Town’s Magical Lights
- Transfer from/to hotel
- Licensed and experienced English speaking guide
- Multiple food stops along the route, enough for a big dinner
- visit to Phuket Old Town
- Personal purchases
In case of any special requirements, make sure to inform the supplier so they can arrange accordingly
Old Town Phuket & Peranakan Food Trail by Navatas –> Similar food experience but in the morning
Phuket Food Tours (by Navatas)
Peranakan Food Tour in Phuket Town
At the end of the afternoon you will travel to Phuket Town, the island’s charming old town center that boasts a wealth of cultural heritage. Your food guide will show you around and introduce you to some of Phuket’s most delicious and most sought-after dishes like crab and betel leaf curry, cumin fried fish and Muslim-inspired treats. Passing by food stalls and local restaurants, it is the perfect opportunity to experience the vibrant, multi-cultural food scene up close. The backdrop of Phuket Town’s beautifully lit old heritage houses creates a charming atmosphere and it is a great place to observe local life. An authentic food experience that you won’t easily forget!
Duration: 6 hours – From 15:00 to 21:00 (including transfers)
Meals included: dinner
Operates all year round.
Operated by Navatas Food Tour – Contract Activity Name: Phuket Night Food Tour & Old Town’s Magical Lights