THAILAND – Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Phuket / Koh Samui – A Fun Introduction to Muay Thai at a Local Gym
During a fun introduction to Muay Thai, guests learn the basic techniques and appreciate the complexities of this martial art that is deeply rooted in Thai culture. Participating in a private introduction is an engaging workout which at the same time, offers a local experience.
Classic, Family, Wellness
Country - City
Thailand - Bangkok - Chiang Mai - Phuket - Koh Samui
Groups, Thematic Leisure
Level of difficulties
Possible all-year round
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui
Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui
During a fun introduction to Muay Thai, guests learn the basic techniques and appreciate the complexities of this martial art that is deeply rooted in Thai culture. Participating in a private introduction is an engaging workout which at the same time, offers a local experience. Combining the activity with watching Muay Thai fights at a local stadium is the perfect way to get a deep appreciation for Thailand’s national sport. With an experienced instructor, guests will learn the ins and outs of “the science of 8 limbs” in a safe environment. They will quickly learn that Muay Thai can also be an enjoyable workout besides being a practical martial art.
- A fun way to get an insight into Thailand’s national sport
- Great for people who like to be active, including families
- Easy to include in the late morning or early afternoon
- It can be organized in all major cities (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Koh Samui)
- It can be tailored to a private venue or for bigger groups upon request.
Time And Transportation
The distance and timing of the transportation depend on the destination and on the hotel where travelers stay.
- Approximately 1,5 hours (excluding transfers)
How to sell it
- As a fun activity for people who are looking to be active during their holiday
- As a local interactive experience to learn about the culture
- As a fun group activity
- As a close-up introduction to Thailand’s national sport
Why this activity
- To offer an opportunity to learn and experience Thailand’s national sport fun and interactive way.
- Expand our offer of exciting and “different” activities in major tourist destinations.
- To allow learning about martial art in a safe and comfortable environment.
Good to combine with
- An evening watching Muay Thai fights at a local stadium (ideally in the same destination as the intro course is taken)
Do not combine with
- Repeating the activity multiple times in a different destination
BEST FOR FIT
BEST FOR GIT
Most competitors can offer a similar experience.
- Fun, interactive and engaging
- A hands-on opportunity to learn and appreciate the national sport of Thailand
- Thaught by experienced teachers in a comfortable setting
- Suitable to both groups as well as FIT
- Not 100% flexible in terms of timing as the gyms also run daily join-in classes for regular students.
- Muay Thai is often perceived as violent and aggressive, while this is not the case for an intro.
- The training takes place in a local gym; the trainers speak only rudimentary English.
Possible training times:
Mon-Fri 10.00-11.30,13.00-14.30,15.00-16.30,16.30-18.00,18.00-19.30,19.30-21.00 (training times)
Sat-Sun 10.00-11.30,13.00-14.30,15.00-16.30,16.30-18.00,18.00-19.30 (training times)
Mon-Sat: 11:00-15:00 or 18:00-19:00 (starting time)
Mon-Sat 09:30 – 14:00 or 18:00 – 19:30 (starting time)
Mon-Fri & Sun: 10:00 – 14:30 (starting time)
Sat: 10:00 – 180:00 (starting time)
- Some gyms (Chiang Mai & Phuket) have a rest day during which it is not possible to organize classes.
- Private classes are only possible when there are no join-in classes. These depend from gym to gym; make sure to check the possible training times!
- Best to plan some free time after the activity so guests can relax and freshen up at the hotel
Activity → Krudam Gym → (Private) Inside Gym Training Class 1.30 hrs
Activity → Hong Thong Muay Thai – Chiang Mai → (Private) Thai boxing class_2 hrs / 1hour Muay Thai session
Activity → Sutai Gym Phuket 1-hour private Muay Thai training (including gear rental):
Activity → Punch It Gym Koh Samui→ 1.5 hrs introduction to Muay Thai
67 Sukhumvit 36,R.Phrakanog,klongtaey,Bangkok 10110
Tel: +66684 108 6652
Email: [email protected] (can be used for bookings)
Hongthong Muay Thai
129/4 Moo 5
ChiangMai-Sankampang Rd. Soi Roongroje
T. Tasala, Amphur Muang
Chiang Mai, Thailand 50000
Tel: +6689 275 3188 (Can be used for booking via Line)
Sutai Muay Thai
110 221 Soi Hat Surin 8, Choeng Thale, Thalang District, Phuket 83100
Tel: +66 (0)93 719 7390
Email: [email protected]
Managing Director details: Mr. Nando Borralho, 093 582 5951, [email protected]
Punch It Gym
A Fun Introduction to Muay Thai at a Local Gym
You will head to a local gym for a fun introduction to Muay Thai, where you will learn the basic techniques and appreciate the complexities of this martial art that is deeply rooted in Thai culture. Under the supervision of an experienced instructor, you will learn the ins and outs of “the science of 8 limbs” in a safe environment. You will quickly learn that besides being a practical martial art, Muay Thai can also be an enjoyable workout.
- Activity possible in Bangkok / Chiang Mai / Phuket / Koh Samui
- Make sure to check the schedule and working days of each place.