THAILAND – Phang Nga – Discover Phang Nga’s Local Gems
An exciting and varied day trip in Phang Nga, centered around its lesser-known land-based local attractions, providing a harmonious blend of nature, culture, and culinary delights.
Art & Culture, Classic, Family, Gastronomy, Honeymoon
Country - City
Thailand - Phang Nga
Possible year-round, but subject to weather conditions
Discover the diversity of Phang Nga province on this captivating day trip, highlighting an array of local attractions. Marvel at awe-inspiring vantage points offering panoramic vistas, delve into the cultural wonders of local temples, indulge in delectable seafood and other culinary delights, and connect with friendly locals.
This excursion is an ideal choice for those seeking a break from sea and beach activities, allowing you to delve deeper into the rich offerings of Phang Nga beyond its renowned Phang Nga Bay.
- An experience that offers a great alternative to the region’s more well-known excursions like Phang Nga Bay.
- Great for various travelers, ranging from couples to families and more.
- Includes visits to a stunning vantage point, two local temples (1 of which is inhabited by monkeys), a local fishing community, and Phang Nga town.
Level Of The Excursion
Low - This activity impacts local community, culture and/or environment in a small but meaningful way
The Impact Of This Excursion
Local individual benefits
Time And Transportation
|Khao Lak area||Viewpoint||80||Car||1 hour 15 minutes||Good|
|Viewpoint||Monkey temple||40||Car||35 minutes||Good|
|Monkey temple||Local community||25||Car||20 minutes||Good|
|Local community||Phang Nga town||20||Car||25 minutes||Good|
|Phang Nga town||Khao Lak area||65||Car||1 hour||Good|
Approximately 8 hours (from 08:30 to 16:30, but can vary depending on the level of interest of the travelers).
How to sell it
- To provide a more in-depth look at Phang Nga province, beyond Phang Nga bay and the other classic visits around Khao Lak.
- For those who want to avoid touristic activities and be shown another aspect of the country.
- To experience local culture and life up close.
- As a break from the classic excursions that are available in Khao Lak area.
Why this activity
- Have some activities in Khao Lak, a beach destination gaining popularity as an alternative to Phuket.
- A different, varied itinerary can be used to differentiate when proposing a beach stay at Khao Lak.
- A combination of different kinds of visits can match various traveler profiles.
Good to combine with
- Best sold as a standalone activity.
Do not combine with
- Other full day or half day activities.
BEST FOR FIT
- This activity is not widely offered by competitors, however, it is operated by a supplier, and not an Easia Signature product.
- The itinerary has a lot of variation in terms of other visits.
- Operated by an experienced, Travelife Certified supplier.
- Includes nature, culture, and food aspects.
- Suitable for higher-end FIT clients.
- Not Easia Signature may be copied.
- Only English speaking guide is available.
- Not for GIT.
- Subject to weather conditions.
Program outline (subject to changes depending on local conditions):
- 08:30 – Pick up from your hotel in Khao Lak and drive through the countryside towards Phang Nga Bay.
- 09:45 – Arrive at Samet Nangshe and head up the mountain to admire the spectacular view over Phang Nga Bay.
- 10:15 – Leave Samet Nangshe and drive to Thum Suwannakhuha cave temple. Suwannakhuha temple is home to a large number of wild monkeys.
- 11:00 – Arrive at Suwanna Khuha temple.
- 11:30 – After a look around the temple, drive up to Ban Bang Phat Community.
- Noon – Take a traditional longtail boat for a sightseeing trip around the mangrove forest.
- 12:30 – Enjoy a delicious, fresh seafood lunch in the stilted fishing village, with a fabulous view over the bay.
- 13:30 – Drive back into Phang Nga Town and stop at Wat Tham Ta Pan Temple.
- 14: 00 – Explore the statues representing the differences between heaven and hell at Wat Tham Ta Pan and climb to the top of the temple tower for another breathtaking view over Phang Nga town and out over the bay.
- 14:30 – Drive into town and sample award-winning barbequed satay while exploring the modern street art in the town center.
- 15:30 – Return to Khao Lak.
- 16:30 – Arrive in Khao Lak.
Highlights along the trip:
- Samet Nang She viewpoint: iconic viewing point over Phang Nga bay
- Wat Tham Suwannakhua: cave temple with wild monkeys living around the temple.
- Bang Phat Community: a stilted Muslim community on the outskirts of Phang Nga Bay. Seafood lunch is served here, and a boat trip through the mangroves is done.
- Wat Tham Ta Pan temple: a temple that has some exciting features. One is a viewing point over the town and the bay in the distance, while the other depicts Buddhist hell (not for sensitive souls).
- Phang Nga town is a quiet local town with some excellent features like street art by famous artist Alex Face and some local food tasting.
- Includes a boat trip to the mangroves on the border of Phang Nga Bay, but it should not be considered a substitution for a classic Phang Nga Bay visit.
- The Wat Ta Pan temple statues depicting hell are unsuitable for young children. The visit can be adapted in case there are children on the trip.
- The place where lunch is taken is a Muslim community; alcohol may not be available.
5,150THB based on 2 pax
Activity → Discovery Travel Khao Lak → Phang Nga Sightseeing, per pax.
- Return transfers.
- Fully licensed English-speaking guide.
- All entrance fees.
- Drinks & refreshments.
- Any personal purchases.
- Alcoholic drinks.
- We currently have no real alternatives for this trip, a classic visit to Phang Nga Bay would be the closet alternative.
Discovery Travel Limited Partnership
72/20 Moo.3 Khukkhak, Takuapa, Phang Nga 82220
Tel: +66(0) 93 7748355 +66(0) 89 2762852
Email: [email protected]
After breakfast, start your day trip to discover some diverse local gems of Phang Nga province. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to marvel at breathtaking viewing points that offer panoramic vistas.
Prepare to delve into the cultural side of Phang Nga at local temples, one that is home to a group of wild monkeys and another that showcases interesting depictions of Buddhist heaven and hell.
At lunchtime, indulge your taste buds with a delectable lunch in a Muslim community at the edge of Phang Nga Bay, where you’ll also make a scenic trip through the mangroves.
Phan Nga town is the perfect place to stroll around and admire the mix of old and new before returning to Khao Lak. Prepare for a day filled with exploration, discovery, and unforgettable experiences.
Après le petit-déjeuner, commencez votre excursion d’une journée à la découverte des divers joyaux locaux de la province de Phang Nga. En chemin, vous aurez l’occasion de vous émerveiller devant des points d’observation à couper le souffle qui offrent des vues panoramiques.
Préparez-vous à plonger dans l’aspect culturel de Phang Nga en visitant des temples locaux, dont l’un abrite un groupe de singes sauvages et un autre présente des représentations intéressantes du paradis et de l’enfer bouddhistes.
À l’heure du déjeuner, laissez-vous tenter par un délicieux repas dans une communauté musulmane au bord de la baie de Phang Nga, où vous ferez également une promenade pittoresque en bateau à travers les mangroves.
La ville de Phan Nga est l’endroit idéal pour flâner et admirer le mélange d’ancien et de nouveau avant de retourner à Khao Lak. Préparez-vous à une journée d’exploration, de découverte et d’expériences inoubliables.