At our recently opened sister property Avana Retreat in north Vietnam’s Mai Chau region, remarkable landscapes meet tribal heritage. Immersed deep in a tropical forest that homes three different ethnic groups, Avana Retreat represents the inseparable connection between nature and people.
In order to show you more about the region and the new 5-star nature retreat itself, join our Team, and Avana Retreat’s General Manager Mark Francis on a virtual tour in our latest training video below.
2 Sample Itineraries to combine with AVANA Retreat:
1. Regenerative Travel in the North Vietnam – 11d/10n
- Visit Hanoi’s fascinating Old Town to discover the city’s rich culture and history
- Enjoy countless Vietnamese specialties, including #banh cuon, #banh mi, #Pho, during the street food in Hanoi Old Town.
- Learn about the history and traditions of Vietnam and the various ethnic groups, Thai & Muong, found in the Mai Chau & Pu Luong Region
- Relax in the magical Avana Retreat surrounded by nature and
- Visit the Van Long Nature Reserve with a beautiful ride on a local boat and admire the breathtaking scenery
- Meet some locals who will open the doors of their homes and learn about the traditions and culture of the local people
- Have fun on bike tours in Ninh Binh and Nam Dinh, exploring unique places surrounded by and connecting with locals
- Relax with a night cruise on the famous Halong Bay, enjoying delicious seafood dishes and a spectacular sunset
2. Cycling Along North Vietnam’s Red River Delta (10d/9n)
- Explore Hanoi’s bustling Old Quarter and discover the city’s rich culture and history.
- Cycle through Vietnam’s lush green valleys and spectacular karst mountains.
- Visit the serene Pu Luong Nature Reserve and Vietnam’s first and largest national park, Cuc Phuong National Park.
- Participate in a truly immersive experience offering travelers insight into the authentic way of life in northern Vietnam.
- Venture into the tranquil Van Long Nature Reserve – the ‘Halong Bay on Land’ – and glide along its lake in a traditional sampan raft.
- Relish an overnight cruise on the world-renowned Halong Bay, enjoying delectable seafood dishes and spectacular sunset views.
For a glimpse of the region, watch our inspirational video: Cycling North Vietnam
Interested in receiving more information on how to incorporate a stay at Avana Retreat into your next itinerary to Southeast Asia?
Or any further questions on what your travelers could do in the region in terms of hiking or cycling?
Simply leave us your email below and we promise to get in touch with you soon.