Easia Travel’s Destinations: 26 July 2021
- All travelers granted permission will also be required to complete compulsory 14-day quarantine
- The Vietnamese government has required everybody to wear face masks in crowded places such as airports, during all flights, bus stations, and supermarkets, or when they use public transportation
- Foreigners in the country during this time must fill out medical declarations online (https://tokhaiyte.vn/) and temporary residence declarations with their hotels or landlords
Entry Conditions and Health Check/Declarations:
- As of 14 December 2020, Thai embassies have made visa exemption possible again, according to the rules and regulations listed below
- All travelers entering Thailand are required to complete mandatory 14-day quarantine a government approved location (either at an Alternative State Quarantine hotel in Bangkok or SHA+ hotel in Phuket or Samui as part of the “Phuket Sandbox” and “Samui+ Model”)
Andorra, Australia, AUSTRIA, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein. Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Singapore, SLOVAKIA, SLOVENIA, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, Sweden, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam
Lao, Macau, Mongolia, Russia
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Korea, Peru
Visa Exemption Conditions:
COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES ENTITLED FOR VISA EXEMPTION
- Travelers are permitted entering the Kingdom through land/sea boarder checkpoints under Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme twice per year
- Travelers entering Thailand under the Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme must possess adequate cash of or equivalent to 20,000 Baht/person or 40,000 Baht/family
Bangkok ASQ Scheme:
- Travelers must apply for the Certificate of Entry (COE). Without the COE, they will be refused entry to Thailand. For more information on Thailand’s entry regulations, please visit here.
- Travelers must prepare the following required documents to apply for COE online (APPLY HERE)
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- Copy of passport
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: When applying for the COE online, please choose category “Medium Term Visitor – Visa Exemption”
- For pre-approval stage (Registration):
- For final approval stage (Confirmation):
- Flight confirmation
- Confirmation of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) hotel booking for a minimum of 15 nights, starting from the date of the arrival in Thailand. Please reserve the room directly with the hotel, requesting for ASQ package. Booking made via other online agents without “ASQ package” will be rejected. For a list of approved ASQ hotels, CLICK HERE.
- Health insurance which EXPRESSLY covers medical treatment expenditures of COVID-19, with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD during the entire stay in Thailand. Travelers are advised to purchase their health insurance which meets Thailand’s entry criteria here: http://covid19.tgia.org/ Those with existing health insurance are advised to ask their insurers for “cover letter” confirming that the insurance covers COVID-19 with minimum coverage of 100,000 USD.
- At check-in and upon arrival in Thailand, all travelers are required to present the following documents:
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected, using RT-PCR method, which has been certified or issued no more than 72 hours before departure time
- Health insurance which meets the entry requirement & ASQ hotel confirmation
Phuket Sandbox Scheme:
- As of 00:00 AM on 21 March, the border between Cambodia – Vietnam (by land, waterway, and air); and Cambodia-Laos; & Cambodia-Thailand land borders will be closed for all travelers (including Vietnamese and Cambodian passport holders) until further notice.
- As of 20th May, travelers from France, Germany, Iran, Italy, Spain & the USA will be able to visit Cambodia. The requirements mentioned below are applied to all nationalities who wish to enter Cambodia:
- A deposit of USD 2,000 must be made by each traveler on entry to Cambodia
- COVID-19 test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to travel
- Must purchase a local health insurance package for COVID-19 treatment, with a cost of 90 U.S. dollars that is valid for 20 days
- Proof of insurance with $50,000 in medical coverage
- VOA (Visa on Arrivals) and E-visa are not currently available. Travelers are required to apply for visas at Cambodian Consulates or Embassies outside Cambodia
- Upon arrival in Cambodia, all travelers must undergo a COVID-19 test and remain in a government facility for 14 days.
- Health screening is performed at all airports, including temperature checks
- For urgent travel during the suspension period, all foreigners are now required to obtain a visa in advance
- Repatriation flight for French citizens: please contact the email address: [email protected] and send a copy of your Cambodian visa and your contact details for further information
- As of 20 March, total suspension of visas (including tourist visa, visa on arrival, e-visa) at every entry point, along with the closure of all traditional checkpoints. Entry visas are to be issued only for diplomats, the staff of international organizations, business people, experts, and authorized foreign labor
- All international and traditional borders must remain closed to all people
Savannakhet International Airport has been temporarily closed until further notice
- Since 01 February 2021 the Myanmar military have assumed control of the country, arresting the existing National League for Democracy party leaders and detaining them after declaring the results of the November 2020 general election invalid
- The military went on to declare a year-long state of emergency and have banned all international travel
For information on your clients’ upcoming trip to Southeast Asia with us, please contact your dedicated Sales Executive or the Sales Development Manager in your region directly.